"I have been taking photos at night for a few years now, and much of that shooting is done under the harsh yellow glow of a streetlight. I have also been incorporating more film shooting into my life, but the daylight-balanced films often propose a bit of a challenge when shooting urban environments after dark."
"Enter Cinestill 800T. I have shot quite a few rolls of 135 and was pretty impressed with the results. One thing that should be noted is that although it may appear quite yellow, there is a huge range of mixed light around a city at night, especially here in Calgary now that many of the streetlights have been converted to LED. So I was curious to see how a specifically tungsten-balanced film would handle these conditions, especially in 120, with so much information to play with."
"Downtown Camera in Toronto was generous enough to ship me a roll with the caveat that I needed to shoot it that night and ship is back across the country to them the following day."
"When I received my alpha-roll of 120 to test I was really excited to put it to the test. Considering it was not yet a full-production product, I was half-expecting it to come hand wrapped in tin foil with a sticky note on it. It wasn't. It was wrapped in a blank white wrapper which made me think of an unreleased concept car, semi-concealed to protect its identity."

"I will absolutely be adding this stock to my arsenal of tools for creating images from now on." -Chris Malloy
Check out the rest of Chris Malloy's amazing work at his website and follow him on instagram. (mistermalloy)





No comments:
Post a Comment